1.30.2011

Valetines & Felt

I like felt. I like projects that I can do myself to save me some green.  Momma's got save for Puerto Rico after all...  That's a story for another time.

I saw this super cute felt heart wreath on a blog and for the life of me, once again, I can't remember which blog I saw it on. WOW, I sound like a broken record.  See, this is what happens. I see great ideas, write them down but don't note the blog I saw them on. OOPS.  Note taken.

I started this wreath with cotton flannel actually. And then I ran out before the wreath was done.  JoAnn's didn't have the exact red to match. So I took out every little circle and put it on a 3" ball instead. LOOK HOW CUTE! 

The wreath is being done with felt.  The other balls I'm going to make will be done with felt.

SO... Steps.

  • 1 yard felt (each ball takes about 1/2 yrd and heart takes 1 yrd)
  • Cut out at least 150 3" circles (100 for the balls).  After cutting 100 using a glass I got smart and made a circle out of cardstock and used that to trace. easier. And the first time around I tried tracing with a soap pencil so that I could easily erase the mark. Didn't work so well.  After that I used a pen and then just cut inside the circle so no pen marks showed.
  • Fold circle in half and then in half again
  • Put pin through bottom like this
  •  For heart wreath cover back and sides with felt.  Simply trace wreath on to felt and then hot glue.  that way you don't have to cover the sides of the wreath with the little felt flowers. Trust me, your hands will thank you for not having to cut out 100 more circles.
  •  
  • Now pin on to foam heart or foam ball

I love being creative.


I linked up to...






giveaways

5 comments:

Ashley's Thrifty Living said...

Love these!!
I think I am going to have to try this before Valentine's Day!!

www.ashleysthriftyliving.blogspot.com

Melissa said...

love the felt flowers!and I am your first follower! happy blogging:)
http://semicharmedkindawife.blogspot.com/

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I love how your wreath turned out! It's cute!

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

The wreath is beautiful. I really love the balls too. Those would be a cute decoration for a birthday party or a shower too.

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

Hi, friend! I'm admiring all your creative posts here so can you please share them with us at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? Hope to see you there at the party :)c