1.23.2011

Me. Wood. Spraypaint.

I admit it. I save every Pottery Barn catalog that comes my way. I love their classic style. But alas, this gal's bank account doesn't love their prices.  So I dream.  And then I met Ann White.

Materials:
2- 1x4 6ft board ($ depends on what kind you buy)
1- 1x2 6ft board
10 screws ($1.79 for a pack of 20)
white paint (free... found in garage)
2 L brackets ($1 each @ IKEA!)
old frames (free)
white spray paint (free, hello... leftover from house remodel)

I kind of cheated worked smarter not harder and bought already primed white MDF instead of unfinished wood, so that I only had to paint white the ends of the boards.  And then I screwed them together. Then screwed the L brackets to studs in the wall and screwed the shelf on to the L brackets.  The "official" instructions don't use L brackets.  But I wasn't sure if I'm 100% commited to a white shelf. I might want to change it to black in a few months. So due to my commitment issues I used L brackets.

Then I spraypainted all my old frames that I've had in a box for years.

Oh, and I added that really cute Love decoration. I got the wood letters from my girlfriend as a housewarming gift. I spraypainted it black and then mod podged the  "O".


Easy, cute and definitely within my budget.

Click here to visit the DIY on Ann White for this awesome, easy shelf.

Call me Pottery Barn. I know how to hammer.

1 comment:

Holly said...

You are so darn creative that it makes me want to barf sometimes. But in a good way.